Named one of Canada's Top 20 Under 20 young leaders, Jaxson is an undergraduate student at Western University studying at Huron College. Jaxson is a leader of the Young Diplomats of Canada, which represents Canada in the International Diplomatic Education Association, and engages the country's top young professionals in global forums and opportunities. Jaxson co-founded and is the Chair of the Board of Student Voice Initiative, a Canadian movement which has successfully advocated for student leadership policies across the nation. Jaxson co-chairs the national AstraZeneca Young Health Program, a global community investment initiative which helps young Canadians in need deal with mental and physical health issues, and he co-founded The Globe and Mail Student Advisory Council, which informs and writes student-authored editorials for a national publication with a readership of more than 3.5 million. He has travelled to and conducted research in fifteen countries across four continents, including the UK, Belgium, Israel, Rwanda, and Ethiopia, and represented Canada at the United Nations in New York City as well as the 2013 G8 Youth Summit. Jaxson is an Ambassador of One Young World, and a Global Shaper of the World Economic Forum.
- Ontario Healthy Schools Association – April 10 – Holistic Health: Facilitator
- University of Toronto, Munk School of Global Affairs – Feb 5 – From Conflict to Classrooms: Panellist (with CEOs, Global Partnership for Education, UNICEF Canada, Save the Children Canada, Plan Canada)
- Queen's University Conference on Philanthropy – Jan 24 – Philanthropy: Panellist
- McMaster University Student Leadership Conference – Jan 18 – ACT: Care, Community, Catalyze
Student Leadership, Global Issues, Career Development: Keynote
- The Globe and Mail – Nov 26 – Why government in the North needs youth voices
- Western University – Nov 21 – Trio hope to parlay northern exposure into action
- The Mississauga News – Nov 8 – North meets south on youth Nunavut expedition
- Peel District School Board at the H.J.A. Brown Education Centre – Oct 15 – Keynote, Student Leadership, Networking, Personal Development
- Teach Thought – August 9 – The Adaptive Learning Technology One Company Depends On
- Youth Policy – July 25 – Malala Day: What's next?
- The Globe and Mail – July 14 – What a young Canadian heard when Malala spoke
- Daily Edventures – June 17 – Interview with Anthony Salcito, VP, Microsoft
- The Mississauga News – May 27 – Three Mississaugans chosen for G8 Youth Summit
- The Globe and Mail – April 26 – Who's missing from the education equation? Students
- Techonomy – April 22 – Student Activists Want Schools To Teach Entrepreneurship
- TakingItGlobal – April 17 – TDSB Professional Development Course: Student Voice in the Classroom
- Dell Education – April 15 – Students As Influences in Education
- Student Voice Live! in New York City – April 13 – Keynote, Student Voice and Education in the 21st Century (sponsored by Dell)
- Panel on Education and Entrepreneurship
- Panel on Personalized Learning
- Huron University College Grapevine – February 18 – Shake the World Conference Inspires
- Huron University College in London – February 8 – Keynote, Shake the World
- One Young World – February 8 2013 – Ambassador Actions
- One Young World – February 8 2013 – Transcending Borders With Social Media
- Appleby College in Oakville – January 25 – Global Leadership Education Seminar
- Homelands Public School in Mississauga – December 20 – Youth Activism and Volunteerism
- Western University - Newsmakers 2012 – December 13
- One Young World Ambassador (AstraZeneca) – Interview – November 28
- Huron University College in London – October 24 – Born This Way, Bullying Prevention and Equity
- Huron University College - Interview – July 18
- Rogers TV - DayTime – June 21 2012
- Richard Ivey School of Business – June 21
- Western University – June 21
- London Free Press – June 18
- Western University (General) – June 7
- Mississauga News – June 7
- 2012 Top 20 Under 20™ Award Recipients – June 7
- NewsWire – Youth In Motion (Press Release) – June 7
- Huron University College – June 6
- The Globe and Mail – June 6
- Mississauga Youth Achievement Awards – May 6 – Keynote, Youth Activism and Volunteerism
- Summit for the Coalition for Children and Youth Mental Health in Toronto – June 2 – Student Charter of Rights: Mental Health and Well-Being
- Ontario Teacher's Federation in Toronto – July 21 – Panel on 21st Century Education and Technology
- Peel District School Board in Mississauga – January 25 – The Art of Wow
- Peel District School Board in Mississauga – November 19 – Keynote, Leadership Now!
McMaster Student Leadership Conference
Jaxson spoke at the McMaster Student Leadership Conference in January 2014. His delivery was engaging and fresh and rather than speaking "down" to students, he spoke "with" them. The global experiences he shared left students inspired and with the motivation to "care to catalyze change in their community". Thank you Jaxson for exciting our students to reach out and change the world that they live in. Anna D'Angela, McMaster Students Union
I speak, write, and engage in advocacy in the areas of student voice, foreign affairs, and entrepreneurship.
Invite me to write or to speak.
Follow me on Twitter; connect with me on LinkedIn; read my thoughts on Medium.
Please contact me via email. I would love to hear from you.