Jaxson Khan is a marketer, founder, and community builder in the technology and social sectors. Jaxson leads marketing at Nudge.ai, an artificial intelligence platform that helps sales teams find and grow the right relationships. Jaxson is also a co-founder of Young Diplomats of Canada, a national diplomatic program, an advisor and judge for Venture for Canada and Code for Canada, the national startup and government technology fellowships, and was named a Global Shaper of the World Economic Forum, a global network to improve the state of the world.
Previously, Jaxson managed public relations at Influitive, the leader in customer advocacy technology, and was employee #1 at Paddle, a career technology startup. He coordinated change management initiatives at Microsoft, co-chaired a corporate citizenship board for AstraZeneca, and co-founded an advisory board for The Globe and Mail.
Jaxson has spoken across the world on youth leadership, entrepreneurship, and policy, including at TEDxEdmonton, The World Bank, and the Malaysian Global Innovation & Creativity Centre. He has represented Canada to the United Nations, World Bank, and G20 at global summits including in Istanbul, London, Washington, Kigali, and Azerbaijan.
Jaxson co-authored mass-market book "2 Billion Under 20: How Millennials Are Breaking Down Age Barriers and Changing the World”. He also co-authored academic article "Urban Tech Sector Growth Drives Economic Resilience" in the International Economic Development Council Journal.
Jaxson studied global development at Huron College of Western University as a 3M National Student Fellow, Lloyd-Carr Harris Scholar, and one of Canada’s Top 20 Under 20. He also studied product management at BrainStation, negotiation through a Harvard Law School based curriculum, and data-driven marketing at Stanford University.
- Wealthsimple FinTech Hackathon – November 25 2017 – Target Alpha STC, Judge & presenter
- MarketTO – November 2 2017 – Presenter
- SingularityU Canada Summit – Oct 11-12 2017 – Volunteer facilitator
- Entrepreneurship Week – Sept 29 – Judge
- International Economic Development Council, Annual General Meeting – September 18 2017 – Entrepreneurship & Innovation, presenter
- Elevate Toronto – September 13 2017 – Workshop facilitator
- International Economic Development Council Journal – July 2017 – Urban Tech Sector Growth Drives Economic Resilience
- World Economic Forum, AI Session – July 2017 – Barrick Gold, 5 Things We Learned from Artificial Intelligence
- Venture for Canada – April 2017 - How to Hack Influence
- Toronto Learning Night – Apr 2017 - How to Hack Influence
- Western Gazette – Apr 6 2017 - Western alumni leads young leaders summit
- Safe City Mississsauga & Status of Women Canada – Mar 24 – Leadership and political change
- Ryerson University – Social Ventures Day – Jan 28 – Next 150 years in Canada
- Canadian Association of Marketing Professionals – Nov 30 – Hacking PR: Media, influencers, and thought leadership
- The Globe and Mail – November 26 – Why government in the North needs youth voices
- Western University – November 21 – Trio hope to parlay northern exposure into action
- The Mississauga News – November 8 – North meets south on youth Nunavut expedition
- Peel District School Board at the H.J.A. Brown Education Centre – Oct 15 – Keynote, Student Leadership, Networking, Personal Development
- Teach Thought – August 9 – The Adaptive Learning Technology One Company Depends On
- Youth Policy – July 25 – Malala Day: What's next?
- The Globe and Mail – July 14 – What a young Canadian heard when Malala spoke
- Daily Edventures – June 17 – Interview with Anthony Salcito, VP, Microsoft
- The Mississauga News – May 27 – Three Mississaugans chosen for G8 Youth Summit
- The Globe and Mail – April 26 – Who's missing from the education equation? Students
- Techonomy – April 22 – Student Activists Want Schools To Teach Entrepreneurship
- TakingItGlobal – April 17 – TDSB Professional Development Course: Student Voice in the Classroom
- Dell Education – April 15 – Students As Influences in Education
- Student Voice Live! in New York City – April 13 – Keynote, Student Voice and Education in the 21st Century (sponsored by Dell)
- Panel on Education and Entrepreneurship
- Panel on Personalized Learning
- Huron University College Grapevine – February 18 – Shake the World Conference Inspires
- Huron University College in London – February 8 – Keynote, Shake the World
- One Young World – February 8 2013 – Ambassador Actions
- One Young World – February 8 2013 – Transcending Borders With Social Media
- Appleby College in Oakville – January 25 – Global Leadership Education Seminar
- Homelands Public School in Mississauga – December 20 – Youth Activism and Volunteerism
- Western University - Newsmakers 2012 – December 13
- One Young World Ambassador (AstraZeneca) – Interview – November 28
- Huron University College in London – October 24 – Born This Way, Bullying Prevention and Equity
- Huron University College - Interview – July 18
- Rogers TV - DayTime – June 21 2012
- Richard Ivey School of Business – June 21
- Western University – June 21
- London Free Press – June 18
- Western University (General) – June 7
- Mississauga News – June 7
- 2012 Top 20 Under 20™ Award Recipients – June 7
- NewsWire – Youth In Motion (Press Release) – June 7
- Huron University College – June 6
- The Globe and Mail – June 6
- Mississauga Youth Achievement Awards – May 6 – Keynote, Youth Activism and Volunteerism
- Summit for the Coalition for Children and Youth Mental Health in Toronto – June 2 – Student Charter of Rights: Mental Health and Well-Being
- Ontario Teacher's Federation in Toronto – July 21 – Panel on 21st Century Education and Technology
- Peel District School Board in Mississauga – January 25 – The Art of Wow
- Peel District School Board in Mississauga – November 19 – Keynote, Leadership Now!
In 2014, our team at TEDxEdmonton had the pleasure of seeing one of Canada's most outstanding emerging leaders, Jaxson Khan, speak to a crowd of over 400 people. One of the youngest speakers in our event's history, Jaxson delivered, speaking with poise and passion, showing us why our country's future is in good hands. Emerson Csorba, Chair
Queen's Conference on Philanthropy
Jaxson contributed significantly as a panelist at QCOP, using his experience in a variety of endeavours, and interacted well with the other panelists to bring a meaningful discussion to the delegates.Heather Evans, Conference Co-Chair
McMaster Student Leadership Conference
Jaxson spoke at the McMaster Student Leadership Conference in January 2014. His delivery was engaging and fresh and rather than speaking "down" to students, he spoke "with" them. The global experiences he shared left students inspired and with the motivation to "care to catalyze change in their community". Thank you Jaxson for exciting our students to reach out and change the world that they live in. Anna D'Angela, McMaster Students Union
Appleby College Global Leadership Seminar
Jaxson spoke with a select group of grade 12 students pursuing the Appleby College Diploma with Distinction in Global Leadership about the power of youth to affect real and meaningful change in their communities. Drawing from his own experiences, he offered practical strategies for implementing plans of action and tips for overcoming roadblocks along the way. Jaxson was a dynamic speaker and strong facilitator who engaged his audience and strived to connect with each individual in the room. Rob McGuiness, Assistant Head of School, Global Education, Appleby College
Invite me to write or to speak. I also offer virtual consulting via Clarity.
Follow me on Twitter or connect with me on LinkedIn.
Please contact me via email.